Archive for the ‘Culinary Competitions’ Category
Each Ticket includes:
- Wine Tasting + sampling of gourmet “bites”
- 100% of all ticket sales and a portion of wines sales sold at the event will be divided among the charities of the winning teams.
- More VIP fun such as meet and greet with owner/vintner Kathryn Hall.
- Vote for your favorite dish in the People’s Choice category
How to Purchase Tickets – This event sold out last year. Reserve your tickets through our online store today. A confirmation will be sent by email. Tickets will be charged the week of the event.
Participating Chef Teams - Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin’ BBQ, Ca Momi, Carpe Diem, Culinary Mercenary, Cuvee, Feast, La Condesa, Market St. Helena, The Grill at Meadowood, Napa Valley Biscuits, Oenotri, Paula LeDuc Fine Catering
Professional Judges - Hiro Sone and Lissa Doumani – Terra; Chef Ken Frank - La Toque; Chef Brandon Sharp – Solbar
For more information go to: www.hallwines.com/cabernetcookoff
Questions? Contact Diem Doonan at 707.967.2673 or email@example.com
Food Network’s hit show “Worst Cooks in America” is back and they are looking for the worst cooks in America to compete to be the most improved to win big money!
This casting call is immediate; and all over the country!
- Are you a really bad cook?
- Do you need major help in the kitchen?
- Do friends avoid your dinner parties like the plague?
- Does your husband or wife serve you dinnertime disasters?
- Is your friend or family member a catastrophe in the kitchen?
Include the information below and tell us why you (or the person you are nominating) are the most disastrous cook in the country.
Email entry must include:
- Full name of the worst cook
- If nominating, please include in email your relationship (ie: friend, spouse, relative, etc.)
- Your city, state, zip code
- Telephone number for both worst cook and nominator:
- Tell us why you are nominating this person for worst cook. This can include stories
- How bad is your food?
- What was your worst cooking moment?
- What is at stake?
- Why do you want to improve your cooking skills? Health, Kids, Impress someone, Relationship…
- How would your life improve if you could cook?
If so, we want to hear from you immediately! To apply for yourself or nominate someone email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applaud the spirit that is quickly rising in popularity on its national day of celebration ~ National Tequila Day is July 24th!
- Blue weber agave plants only flower once, but when they do they are pollinated by bats
- Tequila is made from agave which is actually a desert lily
- The leaves of agave are so sharp that they are used as cutting instruments
- Margaritas are the number one cocktail in the United States
- The United States is the largest tequila consuming market (yes, even more than Mexico!); almost half of which is women
This year, vodka’s prestige is falling fast while artisanal, 100% agave tequilas are more chic than ever. While popularly considered for only shots and margaritas, tequila—specifically premium tequila—is becoming the spirit to sip and mixologist’s choice spirit to use in intricate cocktails.
On National Tequila Day, go with only the best and choose premium Tequila Avión. Tequila Avión stole the show this year at the San Francisco World Spirits Challenge winning Best White Spirit (beating all vodkas, gins, rums, and tequilas) in addition to Best Tequila. Sip and enjoy Tequila Avión Silver, Reposado and Añejo, or go with a classic and make an Elevated Margarita on this fine summer holiday!
The Elevated Margarita
Compliments of Tequila Avión
2 parts Tequila Avión Silver
1 parts Fresh Lime Juice
½ part Agave Nectar
- Add all ingredients in shaker.
- Shake and strain over fresh ice.
Join your host, Chef Jennifer Booker, and this week’s guests! Josh & Mike Greenfield join Basil Radio to share some recipes from their great new show on HUNGRY called The Brothers Green.
Also, tune in and hear from Jon Taffer, Host and Co-Executive Producer of SpikeTV’s Bar Rescue, as he shares his insight on what it takes to be a top notch bar and nightclub!
The show goes live every Monday at 6PM EST / 3PM PST. Call in and join in the fun! 714.242.6215
You can also listen in at: www.blogtalkradio.com/BasilMagazineRadio
Earn New Food Truck Bucks…
Did you know that the popular NewPark Mall Street Eats, with some of the tastiest gourmet food trucks around is still going on? The community is invited to experience a night of good eats every Wednesday till October 31, 2012 from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Participating food trucks including Grill Stars, That’s Sweet! Dessert Truck, Tikka Bytes, BBQKalbi, MoBowl, House of Siam on Wheels, Treat Box and Mogo BBQ will gather at the NewPark Mall entrance near Sears.
Earn bucks to spend at the food trucks. Shoppers who spend $35 or more on any Wednesday through October 31 at NewPark Mall’s retailers excluding Macy’s Burlington, Sears and JCPenney, will receive a $5 food truck buck. The bucks are good for that night redeemable at any truck. Customers may bring their same day receipts to the redemption table located at Entry 1 between 4:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
For more information visit www.newparkmall.com.
Fox TV’s hit show ”Hell’s Kitchen” starring Gordon Ramsay is Casting Immediately all over US & coming to PHILLY!
CALLING ALL CHEFS , COOKS & CULINARY PROFESSIONALS!
Hell’s Kitchen Upcoming Auditions in Philly
WHEN: Monday June 04, 2012
WHERE: The Westin Hotel – Philadelphia
The Georgian Room on lobby level
99 South 17th Street
Phila, PA 19103
(Between Market and Chestnut) & CHESTNUT)
- There is a parking garage available underneath the hotel – next to hotel entrance on 17th street.
- We have NO affiliation with the parking.
- If you have restaurant or culinary experience, please bring resume.
- You WILL NOT be cooking at the auditions.
- You DO NOT need to bring chef utensils.
- If you are interested in auditioning or plan on attending the open call, EMAIL IMMEDIATELY:Hellskitchencasting2012@gmail.com
- If you can’t attend the open call & still want to audition, email us as well, you may get a call!
- Please put “HELL’S KITCHEN/PHILLY(or your city)” in the subject title
- You must include your full name, age, contact #’s, PHOTOS, where you live-city/state, culinary experience, why you would be the perfect contestant for the show & what sets you apart from the rest!
- Maybe you come from a long line of chefs, cooked for a celebrity, were a fry cook in a fast food restaurant, old age home, summer camp, cooked for a president or somewhere interesting and different? Tell us your story!
- You must be over 21 to audition and to attend any open calls!
- You must be a US Citizen or permanent legal resident of the U.S!
If interested, email us immediately: HELLSKITCHENCASTING2012@GMAIL.COM
HELL’S KITCHEN is looking to cast Chefs, Cooks & Foodies ready to compete!
This is a culinary opportunity of a lifetime!!
DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH WORLD-RENOWNED CHEF GORDON RAMSAY?
IF SO, WE WANT YOU!
Please put “HELL’S KITCHEN” in the subject title & You MUST include:
- Your full name
- Contact number(s)
- Photo of yourself
- Your city and state
- Include information about your culinary experience
- Why you would be the perfect contestant for the show
- What sets you apart from the rest
Important: Do not just send us your resume! YOU MUST WRITE AN EMAIL and include the info requested!
If interested in auditioning, PLEASE EMAIL IMMEDIATELY:
Welcome to Basil Magazine Radio! With an incredibly strong sense of style and a discerning palette, the Basil MAGAZINE reader is a sophisticate and affluent consumer. Our readers are a mix of global readers interested in food and wine; living green and healthy, lifestyle, and philanthropy leaders. All of whom have a dynamic mix of culture and entrepreneurism.
Join your host, Chef Jennifer Booker on location!! Chef Jennifer will be participating in the 2012 Chefs of the World: A Taste of Fame fundraising dinner and has the inside scoop on some of the country’s best Chefs! Chefs of the World is a fund-raising event which showcases exquisite creations by top chefs of the world and highlights many of the fine restaurants in the Metro Atlanta area and around the country. The proceeds from the event will support scholarships for students pursuing a degree in the fields of Hospitality or Culinary Arts. Call in and join in the fun at 714.242.6215!