Archive for the ‘BRAVO’ Category
The Lemon Ginger “Tulep”
Compliments of Gail Simmons,
Judge on BRAVO’s “Top Chef” and Food & Wine magazine contributor
Here is a unique take on the traditional Kentucky Derby mint julep from Gail Simmons, host of Bravo’s Top Chef. This “Lemon Ginger Tulep” with Pure Leaf Iced Tea is perfect for upcoming festivities. Enjoy!
Makes one serving
3 tablespoons ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
1 cup Lemon Pure Leaf Iced Tea
Cold club soda
Candied ginger, for garnish
- In an old fashioned glass, muddle ginger simple syrup with mint leaves.
- Add ice and Lemon Pure Leaf Iced Tea; stir well.
- Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with a slice of candied ginger and a sprig of mint.
- To make a cocktail: Add 1.5 ounces over proof Kentucky bourbon before adding the tea.
Ginger Simple Syrup
Makes 1 1/2 cups
1/2 cup fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups water
- In a saucepan, combine the ginger, sugar, and water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then set aside to cool.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.